Sunday, November 15, 2009

This little jewel is now somewhere in the White House- yes, in D.C. This was commissioned as a gift for Michelle Obama during the presentation of a National Youth Program Award given to The Old Brick Playhouse for their apprentice program. The image is a hand-embellished oil monotype of the Lehmann family's shed on their farm in Helvetia. It truly feels like West Virginia to me. Serene. Simple. Beautiful. I am so pleased with our young theatre program and with the opportunity to have some big recognition in our little town.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks for sharing, Kadra! What beautiful work. I used some of your images as examples for my students, along with Edward Hopper, when we were beginning a study on architecture. Keep up the good work! love, Julie Conley

Kristen said...

Kadra,

Great to stumble upon your blog! I've been interested in your work ever since you were kind enough to explain the oil monotype process to me, Ken and Mike at the Forest Festival Show a few years ago.

From one WVWC alum to another . . . happy creating!